We are pleased to announce that businesses have renewed New West End Company’s mandate to deliver a further five years of transformation and services across the West End’s International Centre of Bond Street, Oxford Street, Regent Street & Mayfair.
Firstly, we would like to thank our members for trusting us to deliver for them and with them for a further five years working with our partners and local neighbourhoods in and around our district. We understand how difficult the last year has been for all West End businesses. That makes us appreciate even more the trust that has been placed in us and we recognise the obligation that puts on us going forward.
This is an opportunity to create a West End for the future. Our plan, voted in by an overwhelming 98% of West End businesses, guaranteeing £40m of investment across our district, focusses on the areas where we know we can make a difference at this critical time. We will continue to strive to meet the challenges we face to restore the West End’s International status, working with others to fully achieve the benefits of the £150m investment being made by Westminster City Council.
While our plan encompasses five years of transformation, Our immediate priority is to rebuild West End customer & investor demand; local and global and support the recapitalisation of businesses, returning the district to £10 billion annual turnover, securing its status as an economic powerhouse to the UK economy. This will be enabled by investment in:
- Bringing the world back together – creating a year-round programme of campaigns & events in a safe and welcoming environment highlighting our diversity, sustainability and richness to ensure the West End remains the number one consumer destination for experiences, not just for Christmas, but all year around
- Data Driven insights – build a world-renowned data and insights platform with access to information across economic performance and environmental best practice.
- Zero emissions by 2025 – deliver the first Zero Emissions Transport Zone in London by 2025. In partnership with members, partners, Transport for London and the City of Westminster, we will strive with partners to build back greener to ensure that our district thrives for years to come.
Alongside our partners at Westminster City Council and the Mayor’s Office, we will continue our Award-Winning Services & Programmes to enhance the West End’s International Centre, including:
- Campaign for change – advocate for further changes in regulations around our global competitiveness; tax-free shopping, business rates, tourist visas and Sunday Trading reform.
- Best place to visit – invest in street cleaning, security services and digital infrastructure for our customers.
- Transform Oxford Street District – support Westminster City Council’s plan to deliver the £150 million regeneration of the Oxford Street District and wider West End.
- Open up the West End – ensure that the district is ready to welcome the million more visitors when the Elizabeth Line opens and advocate for its earliest opening.
- Fit for purpose trading environment –build on our ‘International Centre’ status to continue to campaign for changes in planning, licensing and development policy for post COVID retail/leisure requirements.
You have a promise from the full team at New West End Company that we will continue to do what our members expect and to work tirelessly to exceed those expectations to repay the faith you have shown us.