The New West End Company Board will meet at least three times a year and drive the longer-term ambitions of the company, as well as performing the corporate governance role setting the strategy, overseeing the budget and monitoring performance.
The high-level Board will consist of a maximum of 15 Non-Executive Directors including the Chair. Those attending in an ‘observer’ capacity could include representatives from Westminster City Council, Transport for London and the Mayor’s Office.
Non-Executive Directors will be appointed by the Board and appointments will be subject to ratification.
Sir Peter Rogers | Chairman,
New West End Company
James Raynor | Chief Executive,
Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
James Cooksey | Chair Property Group NWEC,
Director Central London, The Crown Estate
David Silverman | Director,
Derwent London Plc
Paul Jackson | Chair Hotel Group NWEC,
General Manager, Claridge’s
Toby Courtauld | Chief Executive,
Great Portland Estates plc
Meave Wall | Executive Director of Stores,
Selfridges & Co.
Sacha Berendji | Chair Oxford St Group NWEC,
Director of Retail,Marks & Spencer Plc
Katherine Russel | Head of Real Estate,
John Lewis & Partners
Manuel Criado-Romero | Chair Finance & Governance Group NWEC,
Managing Director, Pontegadea UK<
Jayesh Patel | Portfolio Manager UK,
Norges Bank Investment Management.
Barratt West | Chair Occupier Group NWEC,
Vice President & Managing Director UK & Ireland, Tiffany & Co.
Hugh Milward | Chair Public Affairs Group NWEC,
Director of Corporate, External & Legal Affairs, Microsoft
The Strategic Board, which will continue to provide leadership and guidance, will consist of a minimum of nine members, elected from their constituency based upon the following criteria:
- Retailers – at least 4 members (Can be owner/ occupier businesses)
- Property Owners – at least 4 members
- Hotel – at least 1 member
- The Chairs of Finance & Governance, Occupier, Property & Public Affairs Steering Groups
- The Chair of the Strategic Board will be appointed by the Strategic Board (the main Company Board). The Chair does not have to be either a BID paying retailer, hotelier of property owner
The Strategic Board will have several sub-committees;
- Finance & Governance Group, who meets three times a year
- The Property Steering Group, who meets three times a year
- The Occupier Steering Group, who meets three times a year
- The Public Affairs Steering Group, who meets twice a year
Occupier & Property Steering Groups
The Management Groups will maintain an important role within the delivery of New West End Company. In addition to being the key point of contact with individual businesses within the District to engage with New West End Company collectively, the Management Groups will help direct priorities and expenditure of work programmes applicable to their streets/hotel sector. The Chairs of the Management Groups will maintain a seat of the Board’s Finance & Governance Group.
Lord Bruce Dundas
Chair of Bond Street & Mayfair
Chair of Oxford Street
Chair of Regent Street
Chair of Hotel Management