The Covid-19 virus is having a global impact on all of us. We are following official advice and taking the health precautions recommended, while actively working with our members and the authorities.
National Guidance & Key Resources
New West End Company has contingency plans in place and will ensure that essential security and proportionate street management services will continue in all levels of restrictions.
- Please visit the Government website for full guidance on restrictions
- To explore available financial support, use the Government Business Support Finder Tool
- New information on Westminster City Council’s two non-discretionary grant schemes is now available on its website
Businesses required to close due to local or national restrictions will be eligible for the following:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 per month, or £667 per two weeks;
- For properties with a rateable value of between £15k-£51k grants to be £2,000 per month, or £1,000 per two weeks;
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3,000 per month, or £1,500 per two weeks.
For more information on the latest economic support measures, click here.
Click below for industry specific Government Guidance & Advice
Support & Relief
We have worked closely with national and local trade bodies and businesses to campaign the Government to take neccessary measures to support cashflow for businesses during the pandemic:
- A 12-month business rate holiday for the retail, hospitality and leisure industries has removed a major fixed cost.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme where the government will meet up to 80% of employee salaries up to £2,500 per month.
- A new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan scheme.
- VAT payments deferral for 3 months.
Download our summary pack, outlining the various Government relief measures and New West End Company services that are available to your business.
New West End Company is still providing 24 hour security across the district, supporting our operational members as they reopen. Our Security Team is still running at full capacity, and our overnight Dog Patrol services remain fully functional. You can contact the Security Team on 07900 738 810 or at email@example.com
Key Government & Business Support Links
Please see below links to the latest Government information and advice on Coronavirus:
- Government Business Support Website
- Westminster City Council advice and guidance
- Public Health England: Latest information on Coronavirus
- NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hub
- British Retail Consortium resources and operational guidance
Looking After Your Mental Health
Having good mental health helps us relax more, achieve more and enjoy our lives more. The NHS have expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing. Click here to find out more and take a quiz to explore your own personal mental health plan.