The Covid-19 virus is having a global impact on all of us. We are following official advice and taking the health precautions recommended, while actively working with our members and the authorities.
A Safe and Sustainable Reopening
Click below to read our reopening plans, which outline the latest Government and industry advice, provide an in-depth overview of planned New West End Company operations, advocacy and communications activity and also lay out new and updated guidance for businesses in line with Government guides.
Alongside these documents, we have worked with the Department of Businesses, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to feed into their sector guidelines to inform Government guidance for a safe and sustainable reopening.
Support & Relief
We have worked closely with national and local trade bodies and businesses to campaign the Government to take neccessary measures to support cashflow for businesses during the pandemic:
- A 12-month business rate holiday for the retail, hospitality and leisure industries has removed a major fixed cost.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme where the government will meet up to 80% of employee salaries up to £2,500 per month.
- A new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan scheme.
- VAT payments deferral for 3 months.
Download our summary pack, outlining the various Government relief measures and New West End Company services that are available to your business.
New West End Company is still providing 24 hour security across the district, supporting our operational members as they reopen. Our Security Team is still running at full capacity, and our overnight Dog Patrol services remain fully functional. You can contact the Security Team on 07900 738 810 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Government & Business Support Links
Please see below links to the latest Government information and advice on Coronavirus:
- Government Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Government Business Support Website
- Government Coronavirus Action Plan
- Westminster City Council advice and guidance
- TfL’s latest planned services to aid those still commuting
- Public Health England: Latest information on Coronavirus
- NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hub
- British Retail Consortium resources and operational guidance
- UK Hospitality advice on employement and staffing decisions
- REVO: advice for Property Management and Service Providers/ Contractors