The Covid-19 virus is having a global impact on all of us. We are following official advice and taking the health precautions recommended, while actively working with our members and the authorities.
New West End Company’s top focus at this stage is to manage and minimise the impact of the virus on West End businesses and their employees. It is both a health and economic emergency.
Support & Relief
We have worked closely with national and local trade bodies and businesses to campaign the Government to take neccessary measures to support cashflow for businesses during the pandemic. We were pleased that the Chancellor’s business package, now available to access, covered the four points below:
- A 12-month business rate holiday for the retail, hospitality and leisure industries has removed a major fixed cost.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme where the government will meet up to 80% of employee salaries up to £2,500 per month.
- A new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan scheme.
- VAT payments deferral for 3 months.
The Government has launched a dedicated website to guide businesses through the different schemes, providing information on the different financial support packages for businesses. You can see the website here:
Please note, our Security Team is still operating and patrolling businesses that are temporarily closed to check the security of the building. You can contact the Security Team on 07900 738 810 or at email@example.com
Key Government & Business Support Links
Please see below links to the latest Government information and advice on Coronavirus:
- Government Business Support Website
- Government Coronavirus Action Plan
- An update from the Mayor of London on the current situation (20 March)
- Westminster City Council advice and guidance
- TfL’s latest planned services to aid those still commuting
- Public Health England: Latest information on Coronavirus
- NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hub
- British Retail Consortium resources and operational guidance
- UK Hospitality advice on employement and staffing decisions
- REVO: advice for Property Management and Service Providers/ Contractors