The Covid-19 virus is having a global impact on all of us. We are following official advice and taking the health precautions recommended, while actively working with our members and the authorities.
A National Lockdown was announced on 5 January 2021 and is to last until March at the earliest.
National Lockdown Guidance & Key Resources
New West End Company has contingency plans in place and will ensure that essential security and proportionate street management services will continue whilst the National Lockdown is in place.
- Please visit the Government website for full guidance on the National Lockdown
- To explore available financial support, use the Government Business Support Finder Tool
- New information on Westminster City Council’s two non-discretionary grant schemes is now available on its website
Meeting Friends & Family
You cannot leave or be outside of the place you are living unless you have a reasonable excuse. You cannot meet other people indoors, including over the Christmas period, unless you live with them, or they are part of your support bubble.
Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household if they are within your support bubble
All non-essential retail (inlcuding beauty salons, gyms & hairdressers) must close
These businesses can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected off the premises) and delivery services
Hospitality & Venues
All hotels and hospitality venues must close except for takeaway, delivery and click and collect services. This includes restaurants and bars within hotels or member’s clubs.
All indoor entertainment venues must close, including cinemas and casinos
Leisure and sports facilities such as leisure centres and indoor gyms, indoor swimming pools & indoor sports courts must close
During lockdown, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (e.g. for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.
West End Security
Please note that New West End Company will continue its heightened security offering and night dog patrols to ensure that any vacant or closed businesses are secure. New West End Security can be reached directly on 07900738810 or through your radio on Channel 1.
Please visit the Government website for further guidance on Tier 4 restrictions.
- As announced on Thursday 5 November, the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will be extended through until March. Workers can retain their job and be paid at least 80% of their salary up to £2500 a month. Businesses will be asked to cover National Insurance and employer pension contributions. The flexibility of the current scheme will also be retained to allow employees to continue to work where they can
- Businesses can also apply for £1,000 for every furloughed employee kept on until at least the end of January, or £1,500 for each unemployed 16- to 24-year-old given a ‘‘high-quality’’ work placement for at least six months.
- Businesses that are forced to close will receive grants of up to £3,000 per month under the Local Restrictions Support Grant
- £1.1 billion is being given to Local Authorities for one-off payments
- The Job Support Scheme will not be introduced until after Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme ends
Businesses required to close due to local or national restrictions will be eligible for the following:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 per month, or £667 per two weeks;
- For properties with a rateable value of between £15k-£51k grants to be £2,000 per month, or £1,000 per two weeks;
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3,000 per month, or £1,500 per two weeks.
For more information on the latest economic support measures, click here.
Click below for industry specific Government Guidance & Advice
Support & Relief
We have worked closely with national and local trade bodies and businesses to campaign the Government to take neccessary measures to support cashflow for businesses during the pandemic:
- A 12-month business rate holiday for the retail, hospitality and leisure industries has removed a major fixed cost.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme where the government will meet up to 80% of employee salaries up to £2,500 per month.
- A new Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan scheme.
- VAT payments deferral for 3 months.
Download our summary pack, outlining the various Government relief measures and New West End Company services that are available to your business.
New West End Company is still providing 24 hour security across the district, supporting our operational members as they reopen. Our Security Team is still running at full capacity, and our overnight Dog Patrol services remain fully functional. You can contact the Security Team on 07900 738 810 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Government & Business Support Links
Please see below links to the latest Government information and advice on Coronavirus:
- Government Business Support Website
- Westminster City Council advice and guidance
- Public Health England: Latest information on Coronavirus
- NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hub
- British Retail Consortium resources and operational guidance