As we kick off the festive season, take a look below to see how New West End Company is supporting you during this peak trading period.
Christmas Services for London’s West End
Marketing & Activations
- To kick start Christmas 2021, and for the first time ever, London’s West End hosted our biggest Christmas Lights Switch On, including our brand new scheme on Oxford Street.
- Over the festive period New West End Company and its destination partners will run our Only in the West End campaign, showcasing events, experiences and products that can only be found in London’s West End.
- The campaign seeks to celebrate the breath and diversity of London’s West End and what it has to offer this Christmas, reinforcing the importance of IRL (in real life experiences) and sharing magical moments at this special time of year.
- The campaign will be supported by broadcast, national and local media, regional press trips and promotion across our destination websites, social media channels and partner channels
If you would like to get involved in our press trips by offering exclusive experiences, please do get in touch with E: Hadas.Kulcsar@newwestend.com.
To feature on our digital channels, please share your festive opening hours, Christmas content and imagery with E: Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The West End Club
As our colleagues across the West End, don’t forget to download our West End Club app, to unlock a whole host of perks and exclusive offers across shopping, food & drink, leisure, health and beauty. From 15% off at Calvin Klein to 25% off your bill at Heddon Street Kitchen, the West End Club will ensure that you make the most of Christmas in London’s West End. Click here to find out more.
Free Public WiFi
Free WiFi is now available to the public across Oxford Street and Bond Street, further enhancing the customer experience in our district. Once set up, you will remain signed in and will be able to access free WiFi at any time. Look out for #WestEndWifi (free sign up) when connecting.
- We will continue to have 13 officers and one dog patrol on duty from 7am – 9pm daily, with four dog handlers on patrol during the night from 7pm – 7am.
- From the end of November, our officers will be both on foot and on mountain bikes, to increase incident response time for the team.
- On 22 November, we are launching our partnership with Mitie’s Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC). This will further enhance the intelligence picture surrounding protest activity and increase resilience by looking at open source monitoring.
- 15 trauma packs are now located at a number of businesses across our district, providing greater resilience if a major incident were to occur. To find out where your nearest pack is, please contact email@example.com
- We ran the Great West End Clean from 1-11 November to ensure the district is prepared for the festive season. Click here to find out more about how we helped transform the district
- Fogging operative disinfecting street furniture in the area Monday – Friday, 9am to 7pm
- Hand sanitisation totems will be reinstalled across the district
- 11 zero emissions electric cleansing vehicles will be operating daily across our district.
- 16 operatives within our Clean Team will continue to work Monday-Sunday 24 hours over the Christmas season. The team are directly available on: 07920086324 or on the email firstname.lastname@example.org operating on a 30 minute reactive response time. (Please note; the team will not be operating on Christmas Day)
Insights & Performance
The Insights & Performance service will deliver the following to our members over the Christmas period.
- Regular twice-weekly Footfall Bulletin on Monday and Thursday throughout the Christmas months, including Monday 20 and Thursday 23 December.
- The regular insights service schedule will resume on Tuesday, 4 January 2022 with a special report wrapping up the two weeks of Christmas
- Customer and Visitor insights reports (issued by PwC) to remain in place for both November and December
To find out more about our PwC Insights Programme, please contact: Danielle.Purnell@newwestend.com.